Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Holidays: Work Parties!

I love love love love the holidays for many reasons...but one thing that makes my heart skip a beat, my stomach growl, my mouth salivate in anticipation, my fingers drumming all day long--> holiday work parties!!! FREE catered food!  (and the break from work!) And there always seems to be an excuse to have more parties--a party for the building, one for the practice group, one for the firm.....weeeeee!

The award for the bestest coolest party so far has to be the one George's boss invited us to: Suite seats at the Verizon Center in D.C for a hockey game.  I could barely contain my excitement.  I've never even been in box seats.  The idea that I could eat and drink to my heart's content..and the mother of all sinful delights--> pick whatever I wanted from the dessert cart blew my mind.  My only regret was not having a portable stomach that I could just whip out of my purse once my own lame stomach filled up.

 Toronto Maple Leaves..(?)..vs...D.C..@$#?!  Not sure..too busy stuffing my face.

Plate: 3 different kinds of yummy wings, beef tri-tip (my favorite!) and 1 asparagus..(not a fan of the veggie spread)
There was also fancy shmancy organic..grass fed hot dog weiners, chicken tenders, brushcetta, potato salad, macaroni bacon salad, and chips, pretzels, nuts, and open bar!!

I was trying real hard to play it "koo" and not snap pictures of the food.


And presents! oOooh!

Super excited to use this!
  
 
The A-W-E-S-O-M-E dessert guy!!!!

Yes I'm the only one in line with all the kids.  1 person did say " I heard you squealing louder than all the other kids when that cart came."
I'm not ashamed.

My dessert! S'mores cake and 3 scoops of ice cream and chocolate sauce!!


In between mouthfuls, I even witnessed what they call in hockey to be a "hat trick"--when 1 player made 3 of the team's goals that night, the audience throws in their hats/caps as a congratulatory gesture.  Apparently it's a rare accomplishment!
We saw 2 fights and a hat trick at our first hockey game and our team won! woohoo!


The kiddies still working on their ginormous candied apple after the game ended..lol





















2 comments:

  1. fyi, its the washington capitals and the toronto maple leafs.

    looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete