Flava town in a can!
I made this dish last Wednesday night to pack for Thursday's lunch. I received a text from George Thursday morning at breakfast: "This is sooo gooood. This is a game changer." Whatever that means..lol! But please please please I beg of you--cook this!
I saw this dish on http://sodelushious.com/ -- a food blog that belongs to singer John Legend's super hot super model Thai and Norwegian mix gf, Chrissy Teigen. She can cook, actually eats what she cooks, and is pretty to look at (for you non-cooking boys)!
Her recipe is really quick and simple and can be found on her blog. I found another recipe that added a couple more spices to the mix so I just combined the two together--not that this dish needed any more flavor!
Also, the day before I made chicken guisado and already had half of my ingredients ready to go!
Chipotle Chiles Chicken Recipe:
* 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce. (They also sell them in small cans so I just used 1 whole small can)
* ~ 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon tomato paste (Chrissy said to use ketchup and the other recipe didn't mention it. I find that it gives the sauce more body)
* 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle can (I dumped the entire can into the food processor =D)
* a giant handful of garlic! LOTS of garlic! I LOVE garlic!!
* 1/2 red/yellow onion
* 2 teaspoons light brown sugar (I used trader joes cane sugar)
* salt to taste
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon of paprika (I used smoked papikra)
* 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon of chili powder
* some cilantro
Hit pureee and that's it!!!! Taste and flavor to your liking. Be careful! This thing packs major HEAT!
Now get ready to slather this baby all over your thighs and breasts--chicken that is, grilled giant prawns on salad with avocados, and soooo good as a salsa for chips and mmm juevo rancheros!
I made mine with chicken thighs--browned them with salt n' peppa, tons of garlic powder, then simmered them in the sauce til the chicken got nice and tender. I served it with basmati rice, fried plantains, and fresh corn because they're in season!
I already made this twice in 1 week!! SOO GOOD!
* 3 tablespoons tequila or vodka to keep the sauce slushie-like for easy defrosting for future use.
Hopefully this is another non-boring chicken dinner recipe you can add to your repertoire!